Timeless...

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Note to the community...

Dear friends,

It is with deep sadness that I need to inform you of my decision to resign as the volunteer coordinator of the Main Street Market for the City of York, effective immediately.

The fact that I will no longer be involved does not affect the existence of the market, it merely means that I no longer will be the contact person or "go to" person. Please contact the City Manager, Charles Helms with any questions, concerns, or market matters.

It has truly been a pleasure working with all of you, getting to know you, and support you these past 4 years. It has however, been a growing challenge and a very unpleasant one this past year in working with the City to get them to see the potential their own market has and what an impact it could have on the community, if they would only invest the time and money in it that it needs and that it and you deserve. It simply is a battle I no longer care to fight. The enjoyment is gone.

I wish you all well and ask you to continue to participate with a market and be involved in this wonderful community. You will see me at the market occasionally, as I have every intention of continuing to support you. I still need tomatoes, eggs, honey, and all the other wonderful items you so lovingly and faithfully share.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need anything, at any time.

Yours truly,
Signa Curry
803-293-6064

No comments:

Post a Comment